re: ac Compressor compatibility

I switched my M5 to R134 after the dryer blew, and left the stock Bosch
compressor in place. So far so good (only about a month). Brett Anderson
told me that it will most likely work fine for a long time even tho
officially incompatible. The Japanese compressors are a good choice,
more efficient, less load on engine, not too expensive. I had no choice,
since they don't make one for the E28 M5, so my only option was a new or
rebuilt Bosch for $$$. If near term cost is an object, just change the
seals and the oil and use your old compressor until it dies. You will
have to pay again for the R134 charge when eventually putting in a new
compressor, but that's relatively inexpensive.

Todd Kenyon 88 M5