AC compressor compatibility

I checked koalamotorsport.com and then the compressor on my '89 325iX
and I don't see a match either on the R134a compatible or the
non-compatible list.  My compressor is a Bosch unit with part no:

0 140 903 227

It says "Made it Japan" so I suspect it's a re-badged Nippondenso on
Sanden unit.  Is there another part no. or a cross reference that I
should check?

Also, I did a Google search and found a conversation from a BMW tech.
who said that even though the compressor is said to be incompatible by
the factory, conversions are done nonetheless and they have held against
the increased R134a pressure.  Has anyone found this to be true?

Henry