  From: Matt Brannock
  To: bmw@domain.elided
  Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 4:06 PM
  Subject: Irritating Windows on E30

  Hello! Thank you very much for the help on the Odometer problem. I'll be
checking into the gear problem--my 84 rabbit had the same thing happen to it.
Anyway, I have another little problem. The dial for the fan switch on my 87
325 came off, and, to reattach the switch to the console, I pulled out the
radio and computer box. Somehow, while reattaching the switch, I must have
done something to the passenger window, for now, after a few times of being
intermittent, it refuses to go down. Before, once I got it down, it would go
back up with no problem, but now I cannot get it to budge. All that happens
when I push the switch is that the light on the switch dims, and there is a
very quiet clicking from the passenger door. Other than that, nothing. Any
ideas on what I could do to try to fix this? No fuses seem to be blown, and
I'm praying it's nothing too serious, like a loose wire or something.

  Thanks!
  Matt Brannock
  mattb@domain.elided