Re: first timer at replacing front brake pads on 1988 528e

In a message dated 8/8/2002 8:37:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Am in process of scanning FAQs and other resources on the Web, but would
> appreciate any advice on this undertaking.
>
> Is it relatively easy?
> Is a 7mm Allen wrench the only specialized tool I need?
> Any tricks to removing/replacing sensor on left front wheel?
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Tom

Super easy job.  Make sure you have big Channel locks or a large "C" clamp to
push the piston back into the caliper.  Also a good time to bleed the brakes.
 Use new sensors with the new pads.

Rodney