RE: Where do you go for wheels?

> from different retailers. Please feel free and let me know of
> reputable wheel retailers you know or places I should stay
> away from. Thanks in advance for your input.

I have had been very pleased with tirerack (www.tirerack.com) for
wheels, tires and wheel/tire packages.  I have bought from them on four
separate occasions and each transaction has been flawless.

NTB has been a little bit of good and little bit of bad.  I usually use
them for mounting and balancing, they are OK if you stand in the shop
and watch the "mechaninc" doing the job and make sure they are doing
everything correctly.  For a while though, I assumed that NTB stood for
"Not too balanced".  Their tire selection is usually poor if you are
looking for a specific tire and they carry more mid-performance tires
(all season) than anything in the high performance realm.  They also do
not stock any wheels, everything is special order.

Bavarian auto has been a good shopping experience, but I have never
bought wheels or tires from them.

Regards

Jamie Howton
2002 330i 5 Speed Steel Blue Metallic SP PP
     CWP 18" M V Spoke Wheels
1987 Porsche 928 S4 5 Spd Diamond Blue Metallic
1979 Porsche 928 5 Spd Opalmetallic
http://www.howton.net

End of bmw-digest V9 #2201