M6 and the Georgia emmissions test.

Yesterday I looked at an M6 for future purchase.  The present owner says it
will definitely not pass the emmisisons test because it needs a tune up.  And
that even then it will barely pass because it's a high performance engine.
135K miles.  No smoke.  Seems to run almost perfectly.

How much might this tune up cost me?  I think the Catalytic Converter is OK.

I don't mind spending $ on a real tune up but I think the seller should do it
or deduct it from the selling price.  All responses are appreciated.

PS.  Also need a used or rebuilt trans.  Any sources?  Gertrag 280.