['99 M Roadster] Squeel from driver's front

OK, I'm stumped.  I've got a squeel coming from the driver's front
side that I can't figure out.  I've replaced pads and rotors, so I'm
pretty confident that isn't the problem.  I'm going to bring it in to
the dealer, but I'd like to go in armed with knowledge.  Fortunately,
the sound is consistently reproducable, and easy to describe, but if
the test driver doesn't have patients and follow the instructions
exactly, the sound will not occur.

Here's how I reproduce it.  In any gear at around 1500rpm at constant
acceleration, very gently and slowly accelerate harder and harder (you
never need more than 1/4 throttle though) and you will hear a squeel.
When you reach the "sweet spot" in terms of acceleration, the squeel
is constant.  A little more or a little less throttle and it goes a
way.  Using the brakes while the noise is occuring has no effect on
the sound.

Everything "looks" okay under the car (sway bars are tight, steering
linkage has no play, etc).

Could this be a wheel bearing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!