Age Old Question

Hello,

I haven't posted here in years, but I recently tied the knot with a '99
M Roadster.  When I last read this digest, there was a great FAQ portion
that helped fend off the routine questions. Now, I cannot locate it.  I
wanted to reread the advice on synthetic oil vs, dino oil.  This M has
only had the synthetic, but it seems that I remember some great advice
about how unnecessary synthetic oil  is when you change your oil every 3
to 4 thousand miles.  Can someone help me find the FAQ again, or give me
their opinions on the question? Thanks, Terry