E36 Help! A/C less in Boston

Does anyone know where I can get my E36 325i serviced?
 The A/C broke and it looks like the compressor clutch
is shot.  I brought it over to Albright's Mighty
Motors - unfortunately they couldn't stick to any
rough estimate other than $1600-$1800, which is way
more than I want to spend.  They also seemed reluctant
to do the job, probably because they outsource the
actual freon work to the place across the street.

Anyone know of any good, reliable shops in the great
Boston area?  Might want to convert to the newer freon
too, if it's not too much more expensive to do that.

Many thanks in advance.
http://health.yahoo.com

End of bmw-digest V9 #2189