Re: ENGINE HESITATION E34 Please help

Every single part I suggested to you...........I  replaced in my own car 122K
miles and with
excellent results. The advice I offered is backed with some 32 years of
mechanic work........
I happen to know the M20 and the M30 engines real well.
I have repeatedly found that 100-125K miles is a major wear indicator for these
parts.
Preventative maintenance is always a good investment as opposed to
crisis induced emergency repairs.....

Techron is worthless once an uneven spray pattern has developed IMO.
Bosch injector cleaning service costs about 50% the price
of a new injector. New injectors are also improved and revised designs.....and
are more likely to give trouble free service. Besides, the O rings are
shot........at 125K, the rubber gets hard. Ditto the vacumm
hoses, the throttle boot, the ignition wires etc........

All these work together and each can contribute to a rough idle/surging
condition........

I'll throw you another tip.........if you look on the exhaust side, the head
gasket is probably starting to leak oil. You are probably burning oil too (
like a quart every 1000-1500) ......through the valve guides/ seals.

Henri