Re: ENGINE HESITATION E34 Please help

That sounds like a lot of money spent for little benefit.  There are fairly
simple ways to tell if most of these items are in need of replacement, i.e.
carb cleaner to find vacuum leaks (why replace hoses and injector O-rings if
there are no vacuum leaks?), checking the spray pattern of the injectors,
etc.  Likewise, the wires/cap/rotor would be best to check rather than just
replace.  You'll probably find that one or more of the components mentioned
need attention, but I'm sure they don't all need it.

I'm not a fan of pouring money into replacing things just because they have
some miles on them.  My 528e has required extremely little to keep it
running properly, which is one of the things that I like about BMWs.  If it
required parts all the time, I'd have chosen an older Passat or Volvo
instead.  I've owned it from 149k to its present 175k miles, and I have
maintenance records from the PO to support this as well.  If you're going to
voluntarily spend money on parts, at least buy something that takes cheap
parts.  :-)

I don't want to say you're wrong, Henri, but my experience has been
different than yours.

You might even be able to solve the problem with a bottle of quality
injector cleaner - not the garbage like STP, etc.  Chevron Techron is pretty
popular among VW Scirocco nuts, as far as a widely available product.

Aaron
'87 528e
'88 325is?
'70 Beetle