administrivia: advertising prospects

i have a request in hand for rates for a oneshot advertisement to the
various and sundry automotive lists. the advertiser has a legitimate, auto
oriented product.

past programs haven't been oriented towards one-shots. i'm wondering how
the readers of the list feel about advertising; i know most of you would
prefer that there were no advertising at all, but i do need to pay the
colo bills (and i just acquired a new server that will probably shortly
become krusty/digest.net III). the risk is that oneshots can look like
clever spammers who leaked past my rather strict controls, which ends up
backfiring on the oneshot advertisers.

please reply to me directly with your thoughts.

thanks,
  richard
- --