HELP 1985 524td wont budge

Ok guys I have a 1985 524td with an automatic tranny that sat for about 8-9
months and now it doesn't do anything when you put it in gear.  I checked and
it had plenty of fluid but just to be on the safe side I changed the filter
and as soon as I find out what kind of fluid it takes I will fill it back up:)
I unscrewed the top hose on the radiator and nothing came out.  I also put it
up on a lift to make sure the linkage was doing its job and it was.  After a
car sits for a long period of time like this one did is it possible to somehow
prime the system to breathe life back into her?  Any and all pearls of wisdom
will be appreciated.  Does it sound like the pump is my problem and if so what
my next move?  Thanks,  ben