Oil change, Break Fluid change and Ful injectors.

BIMMERees,

Today my car's had oil service (in-between, two green leds left) with
synth oil, brake fluid drain and fuel injectors cleanned. I had asked the
BMW service rep. to check my break pads and do a safety inspection. I told
him that I still had the original pads, calipers, rotors etc -- Although
the OBC has not lit, letting me know that pads needed replacement.

To my surprised they didn't change them!! Why?? He said because I still
have 4mm left on the rear and 6mm left on the front!! Also the rotors a in
good shape! I said ARE you sure??? He went back, since the mech. was still
working on it. He said YES!! DANG!!

Is this weird or what ?

Also, my original Michelin MMX, lasted almost 20k miles???

I don't drive like I am chasing Fittipaldi, but I do drive close to it
when ever I have a chance. I live in southern cal, and during
morning/afternoon rush hours EVERYBODY must stop (break) and go. Most of
the time I downshift a lot, including on the freeway. The clutch is in
good condition also.

By the way I paid $323.78 for the above work. Would this have been cheaper
at a NON-BMW dealer ? If so, by how much ? a Non-BMW shop, asked $70
dollars for an oil service -- dealers ask $50.

Ed Silva
Silvex Consulting Inc.
(714) 504-6870 Cell
(888) 209-0946 Pager