E30 Odometer Problem

Hello! I have an '87 325 with 250k miles on it. It's been running great
without any problems, but a few days ago, without warning, the odometer and
trip odometer completely stopped. I don't believe that they are sticking, as
no form of jiggling or slapping will even get it to move a little bit. I also
checked the fuses to see if one blew, as the instrument cluster is electronic,
to no avail either. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause may be? Is
there a sensor on one of the wheels or axles that I could check/replace? If
so, how would I go about doing that? If you have any suggestions, I'd
appreciate it. Thanks.

Matt Brannock
mattb@domain.elided