RE: E30 Odometer Problem

Matt,
Sounds like you need to fix the speedoemeter sensor that is mounted
on the differential.

I just finished fixing this wiring on my iX.
One wire had actually corroded off where it joined the right angle
rubber plug.

Even with the parts CD, determining any replacement BMW wiring connection
is challenging.
I ended up ordering 6 different right angle connector types to determine
which one is really needed.

Here is what I used to fix it:
2 x P# 61-13-0-007-445, circular right angle connector (covered),
Sugg US retail $3.00 each

1 x P# 61-13-1-378-416, plug connector, Sugg US retail $0.85

The 416-plug-connector holds the two circular right angle connectors
onto the speedometer pulse generator with two locking tabs.

I spliced and soldered the new wiring onto the old harness.
I also used heat shrink tubing to protect the splice.

Alan Alfano
88 325iX