Re: Cruise Control Problems

"jstaub" <jstaub@domain.elided> wrote:

> The cruise control on my '89 325iC quit suddenly. I checked fuses,
> taillight grounds and even took the unit apart to see if the belt
> was broken. Everything looks fine but the unit is still dead.
> Any suggestions?

Jim,
Have you been working on your instrument cluster? If so, you may have
plugged the cruise control (CC) harness into the wrong slot (the only
harness connector that fits in more than one slot).
Barring that, check your brake/clutch pedal sensors that disengage CC when
you brake/shift.
Next onto the CC stalk (take it out, clean it, etc).
If all else fails, start tracing the signal with the ETM.

HTH,
alex f