<E30> stuck trunk lid

The subject line says it all. I tried pulling up on it as hard as I could,
but that didn't do anything.  It's not completely latched shut, so i tried
pushing down on it to try to get it to latch, but it won't.  The central
locking system works fine, I'm thinking something in the latch mechanism
broke. I guess my question is where do you all think I should take the car,
and has anyone else had this problem in the past? thanks.

Kyle B
'87 325iS

End of bmw-digest V9 #2159