Dinan Chipping a 1984 533i, 633i, 733i

I've got a Dinan D900-3311 chip for an 1984 533i, 633i, or 733i.  Also
have a pair of Motronic 0-261-200-008 ECU's.  The car was produced in
September of 1984 i.e., very late production.

I understand there were two versions of the Motronic with the cited part
number and neither PCB of my Motronics are socketed nor do they match
the layout in the Dinan instructions photograph.

On my PCB's there are five retangular 24 DIL chips in the Motronic that
match the Dinan chip packaging.  PCB chip S705 also shows 1268 310 026
[1268 300 ...] on the PCB which is similar to the ROM number in the
Dinan instructions which is 1267 355 213.  There are references on the
web to installation of a socket by Dinan to facilitate installation of
their chip for these models.

I am looking for someone who has installed a D900-3311 and what they did
regarding the socket and trying to match the photograph in the
instructions.