Body trim push nuts

Hi all...

I had asked (either on this list or one of the other BMW forums) how
to remove the body trim "push nuts".  I want to remove the lower grill
from my M Roadster and I was told that I can just pry them off.

Well, the posts are plastic and any attempt at prying causes the posts
to get pretty munged and bent (at an angle that looks almost like it
will break).

Are there any other words of wisdom at to how to remove them?  Is
there a special tool or something?

And I guess the second question is, where can I get replacements?  My
local hardware store has rectangular push nuts but they look like they
may be made of a meterial that could rust.

Thanks!

/greg

- --
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet