Re: power windows

>From: bdup <bdup@domain.elided>
>Subject: power windows

>the windows on my 1994 318ic drop about 2 inches whenever i drive on a
>really bumpy road. this behavior seems to come and go, some days they'll
>drop, some days they won't. also, when i first got the car the windows would
>lower an inch when i opened the door and go back up when i closed it
>(pinch-protection). i've tried to re-initialize the windows following the
>procedure in my Bentley manual, but it doesn't seem to work. any ideas?

I had my window open about an inch when I closed the door and the
window dropped slightly. I could also move the window up and down
slightly just by grabbing it.

Instructions how to remove the door panel are in the Bentley manual
so I won't repeat them here. Does anyone know what parts typically go
bad?

Exploded view (96 318ti) @
http://happytogether.com/318ti/ETK/window1.jpg

Parts list (96 318ti) @