power windows

the windows on my 1994 318ic drop about 2 inches whenever i drive on a
really bumpy road. this behavior seems to come and go, some days they'll
drop, some days they won't. also, when i first got the car the windows would
lower an inch when i opened the door and go back up when i closed it
(pinch-protection). i've tried to re-initialize the windows following the
procedure in my Bentley manual, but it doesn't seem to work. any ideas?