RE: Air pumps

- -----Original Message-----
From: Howard Siegel [mailto:hsiegel@domain.elided]

> I am thinking about getting an air pump that plugs
> in to the cigarette lighter to keep in the car in
> case of emergencies, but the $150.00 for the M
> Mobility Package seems a bit steep.  Does anyone
> have any recommendations pro/con for a third party
> compressor/pump?

Go to Wal-Mart/Kmart/Target/Pep Boys/... and pick one
out that looks decent.  Don't spend more than $25-30.
Throw it into your trunk and be done with it.  For
emergency use, you don't care if it takes a couple
of minutes to fill a big tire (and it will...).

I used a really cheap 12V compressor for 7-8 yrs before
it grew a crack in the hose.  This one had to be worth
about $15 -- I got it for free by going to a stupid
time-share presentation.

I bought one for my wife's car for about $20 about 5
years ago that is still going strong.  She bought me
one for about $20 a couple of years ago after my old
one gave up the ghost.  That one is still going strong.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner