Outcome: 87 325 brake drag/bind/overheat

Well, thanks to all for the advice on the binding front caliper. Summary of
advice was to replace calipers, lube guide bins, and replace flex brake
hoses, all on both sides, since worn calipers and collapsed hoses can cause
similar problems - and if they aren't the problem today, they will go soon.
.  And, if that doesn't cure the problem, replace the master cylinder.

So, calipers have been replaced and initial results seem good.  Car brakes
straight and the abs engages on loose surfaces.   Will take the car to work
tomorrow (damn must leave the R1150gs at home) and use the long commute
check it out for sure.   I mixed up when I ordered the parts and didn't
have the new hoses, but will replace soon based on the advice.

Tony.