RE: <E36> Shimmy in steering

Just a guess (since I am a Bimmer newbie), but what about wheel
bearings?  I had a speed dependent front end vibration on my 87 Porsche
that went away under braking, I re-packed and tightened the wheel
bearings and everything is now as good as new.

Jamie Howton
2002 330i 5 Speed Steel Blue Metallic SP PP
     CWP 18" M V Spoke Wheels
1987 Porsche 928 S4 5 Spd Diamond Blue Metallic
1979 Porsche 928 5 Spd Opalmetallic
http://www.howton.net