Re: Re: no sunroofs? Just say no to the Sunroofs!

Hans,
I can understand your frustration but, your needs and desires not
withstanding, look at the practical aspect of ordering a sunroof on
your new BMW. Resale value! And I don't mean what NADA or Edmunds or
KBB tell you they're worth, I'm talking about the reality of trying
to unload a late model BMW without one. Can't do it. It's like a 5
series with vinyl interior. Sure, in the P.T. Barnum world we live in
there's certain to be an ass for every seat, but can you afford to
wait that long? Sunroofs return over their initial cost in real-world
resale compared to BMWs without them.

Even if you never completely retract a sunroof, the vent position is
invaluable in clearing built-up hot air out of a BMW in summer. But
then I bet you prefer cloth upholstery, too. And probably don't have
kids!

Just say it: You're cheap! Now go out and order your own BMW without
a sunroof and leave the rest of us alone. <G>

- -Phil