[E46] 1999 328i - Rear shelf child-seat tether anchors so hard to install?

Wondering if anyone out there's installed (or had
installed) the rear deck childseat tether mount points
in their early model E46 328i sedans?  Apparently
tether mounts/anchors were not standard prior to
Sept1999 production E46 3-series models.  Checked w/
my dealer (here in San Jose) and they wanted $650 to
get them installed...apparently it takes something
like 5 hours for them to get some nuts and bolts
installed.

I figured this was excessive, and got a tether anchor
from the parts dept.  Unfortunately (or *fortunately*
for them) they didn't know or had instructions as to
how install the darn things.  But the parts diagram
showed 2 bolts, washers, plastic covers, and 1 hook
plate (for each anchor)...no new thread inserts or
anything.  So I'm figuring that the things bolt right
into some of the factory threaded bolt mounts down
there.

Has anyone done this installation before, or know of
some website that documents this?  I searched Google
to see if some CCA or digest members had anything up,
but didn't find anything useful.

thanks,
Will
http://health.yahoo.com