Stubborn exhaust fastener..

 I need to drop the front half of the exhaust in my 88 325iC.  I was able to
remove the first 5 of the 6 nuts without a great deal of hassle, that is
compared to what I'm going through with number 6.  I climbed under the car
today with a propane torch and put heat on it for about 1/2 hour, didn't
seem to do any good (didn't get the nut glowing).  While at the hardware
store picking up the propane torch, I saw a MAPP torch which said that MAPP
burns hotter than propane.  Any reasons not to give the MAPP torch a try?
Or does anyone have any tricks they'd be willing to share which may help
remove the nut?

Thanks,
Keith