re: hockey pucks

re:  Hockey Pucks, aka E36 jacking pads.
Here's how to install the hockey pucks so they never come off, sometimes
even when you want them to, lol.
    Put a generous bead of silicon rubber, such as Gray or Black
Permatex, arount the outer upper edge of the puck, where there is
already a little inner rim molded into the plastic.  Then pop in as
normal.
    I did this four years ago on my '97 //M3 after it lost three pucks
in the first few months I had the car.  Have not lost a jacking pad
since.
enjoy,
'jk