WTB: tii engine or donor car

The engine in our 1974 BMW tii lost oil pressure and seized. Not a real
surprise considering we think it may have had over 250,000 miles on it.
The car is in good shape, the fuel injection was rebuilt, and we love the
car, so the only option is to fix it. While we are at it I think we want
to install a 5-speed transmission. We can buy a rebuilt long block for
$3200-(fill in the blank) but have tried looking for a donor car that was
in an accident or one that is a rust bucket with a good engine or
engine/transmission, but have come up empty handed. We might even be
interested in a tii that is in good shape to keep. Any information on
sources and information on rebuilders to avoid and ones you have good
experiences with is appreciated (I will likely do the swap). We want to
keep the tii engine.
 We are near San Francisco, CA.

Thanks

1974 2002 tii