Re: Drivers door window

Bill,

The door panel is easy to remove.  The panel attaches to the door via
several plastic 'snap' fasteners.  In addition, there are two screws that
must be removed.  One of the screws is behind the mirror control switch, so
this control must be pried out of the armrest (and disconnected from it's
electrical connector).  There is also a screw behind the door handle, and it
has a cover over it.  Remove the cover, and remove the screw.

So, the steps needed, in order, are:

- - Unscrew the door lock knob (top of the door panel)

- - Remove the mirror control switch

- - Remove the screw behind it (Torx T-15)

- - Remove the cover behind the door handle

- - Remove the screw behind it

- - Beginning at the bottom rear corner of the door panel, pull the panel away
from the door.  You need to feel around the door panel to find where the
snaps are, and pull at each of these points.  From the corner, you should
pull the snaps along the bottom of the door first, then go up the rear and
front edges.

- - Once the door panel snaps are pulled away, you'll need to dislodge the top
of the door panel from the door.  Pull the door panel UP, and then away from
the door.

- - You'll find that the door handle connects to the door latch mechanism via
a cable.  To completely remove the door panel from the door, you'll need to
disconnect the cable.  Make note of how the cable attaches to the door
handle.

- - There is a metal latch that holds the center of the door panel to the
door.  Once the panel is removed, take the latch off of the door panel and
reinstall it onto the door before you reinstall the panel.

- - There is a plastic vapor barrier behind the panel.  Carefully peel it away
from the door to access the window mechanism.  Be sure to replace the vapor
barrier when you're done.  The glue is very sticky.

- - One other note: I had to remove the door panel because the cable broke.
This WILL likely happen to you in the future, so you may want to take this
opportunity to replace the cable.  It's a cheap part, and is available at
the dealer.  Replacing the cable is very easy, once the door panel is
removed.

Good luck!

- -rb