illumination (Now!) wire for 325ix

I just replaced the Alpine CD head unit with a Blaupunkt.  The Alpine did not use the illumination wire that would dim the unit at night and I can't seem to locate a likely looking wire.  From what I understand, the wire should be white/blue, which I can't find.

If some one could give the correct color to look for that would be great.  Does anyone know if I can wire it to the head lights switch?  Should the wire get hot when the lights are turned on?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Rick