K&N question

I just traded in my 96 328i on a new to me 99 M3.  I should have done this
years ago as this car is absolutely incredible.  The question that I have
is:  Last year I put on a Cold air intake on the 328, knowing that I was
going to sell it in a year or so, I was not real concerned with the
filtering capabilities of the K&N.  Now that I have the M3 I am a little
concerned with putting it on.  Just wanted to see what the consensus is on
Running a K&N for several years and say 60k-70k miles.  Will this kill the
motor?

Doug Wirth
99 M3

Serena's U.S. Headquarters is relocating from Burlingame to San Mateo as of April 8th, 2002!  Please make a note of our new address:

Serena Software, Inc.
2755 Campus Drive, 3rd Floor
San Mateo, CA 94403-2538
MAIN: 650.522.6600
FAX:  650.522.6699

Our Customer Support number will not change.  You may still call us toll free at +1 877 696 1850.  The European support number is still +44 1494 765888.

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.