White Labels on Control Stalks

What does one do about the lettering that rubs off of the cruise control
stalk, windshield wiper, and turn signal stalks??  I guess it's the same stuff
that's on the buttons for the power seats.  Anyone else with older Bimmers
having this problem?  Any ingenious solutions?

Kevin Elmore
'86 735i

On another note...
Thank You everyone who replied to my question about the 15" or 16" wheels.
I'm probably going to go with the Mille Miglia Cello's, probably 16", but I
haven't finalized my decision yet.

You can take a look at them at Tirerack.com  :
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?&autoMake=BMW&autoMode
l=735i&autoYear=1986

I wrote to tirerack and asked them a few more questions, waiting for the
reply.