Stalling when cold

Hi everyone. I have a 328i E46 that when I start it in the AM
(temp doesn't matter) it will lope and jerk after a minute or two and then
stall out. I can't get the dealer to just start it and leave it running
without driving it. He doesn't have the time to monitor it so he says. He says
no codes show so no problem. Does this happen to anyone else? The manual says
to drive it after letting it warm up for about 30 seconds- is that because
they know it will stall? I don't think so. BTW I have 33K on it to be honest I
can't remember it ever doing it before.

Thanks Bill Shafer '99 328i Black