Stalling when cold

I too have been having this problem for the last couple months.  I have a
328i
E46 as well and it doesn't manage to stall, but the RPMs do drop to just a
few
hundred before it rev's backup past a thousand and then settles back to
around
seven hundred.  I haven't bothered to take the time to take it in to the
dealer yet, though.

Chad Jones
'00 328i Steel Blue

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:46:50 -0500
> From: "Bill Shafer" <wgs@domain.elided>
> Subject: Stalling when cold
>
> Hi everyone. I have a 328i E46 that when I start it in the AM
> (temp doesn't matter) it will lope and jerk after a minute or two and then
> stall out. I can't get the dealer to just start it and leave it running
> without driving it. He doesn't have the time to monitor it so he says. He
says
> no codes show so no problem. Does this happen to anyone else? The manual
says
> to drive it after letting it warm up for about 30 seconds- is that because
> they know it will stall? I don't think so. BTW I have 33K on it to be
honest