Re: Brake trouble lights

Fred,

You probably have dirt on one or more ABS sensors, or perhaps the toothed
wheel(s) that the sensors need to detect.  Also, check the wires leading to
the ABS sensors.  Perhaps something was kicked up and severed a wire.  I
think the best way to clean the ABS wheels is with compressed air.

By the way, engaging ABS doesn't 'circulate' brake fluid.  Brake fluid goes
from the reservoir, through the ABS pump, and to the calipers, where the
fluid path ends.  There is no return path from the calipers to the
reservoir, therefore, the fluid doesn't 'circulate'.

When dealers flush brake fluid, they open the bleed valves and activate the
ABS pump to pump fluid through the system, and it exits via the open bleed
valves.  This insures that fresh fluid is everywhere in the system.

- -rb
anal-retentive engineer   ;-)