Re: the new 7 design - opinions?

I don't particularly care for the new 7 series look
either.  The rear looks like something Infiniti would
come up with, and the interior reminds me of an old
American car with it's "no console" look that could
accomodate a front bench seat!  The overall design
strikes me as "Japanese" in the vein of Lexus and
Infiniti.

Of course, I thought the same when the '99 3 series
came out and even the '92 and '84 3-series (that they
looked more Japanese).  I bemoaned BMW's move away
from forward slanting front-ends in the 80's (I still
say this should make a comeback).  However, BMWs
designs grow on me over time...I grew to like the
styling of the E30 and E36 (still warming up to the
'99 3 series).

So give it time...the styling may grow on you.  Their
designs tend to be ahead of their time.

Jay Karolyi
'88 325ic
'87 325is for sale: http://poseur.4x4.org/bmw.html