<E30> Voltage Drop summary and new Battery question

First I'd like to thank everyone again on the list who came to my aid. It's
good be in such company.

Anyways, it was the (lack of the) bulb in the instrument cluster not giving
proper "startup" current to the alternator. And me being premature, didn't
study the Bentley manual enough -- I put a 100ohm resistor between the two
connectors in the instrument plug and jumped the car -- everything normal
again.

Unfortunately, due to the age of the battery(3-4years) and the amount of
drain i had put it through, it finally died at the local gym today. My
question is this: What brand batteries should i look into? Any in particular
to avoid?

Thanks one more time,
Aaron Young

'87 325