Shark Injector Question

Hi all...

I have a '99 M Roadster and I am interested in the Shark Injector.  However,
looking at the site:

   http://www.eurosporthighperformance.com/chips.html

I am a little nervous about what this chip actually will be.  Several members
of the Talon/Eclipse/Laser mailing list had some pretty bad experiences with
SuperChips (the guy was selling for $300 bucks a $0.50 bleeder valve and a
stock chip with his label on it) and I see visions of that based on the
following.

On the website, the following numbers are quoted:

   Application:       96-00 M Roadster*
   HP Stock/New:      250 / 264
   HP Gains:          34 @ 6000
   Torque Stock/New:  237 / 276
   Trq Gain:          40 @ 4500
   New Rev Limit:     7000

First, there is a footnote which states: "*Numbers are corrected to crankshaft
hp/trq NOT to stock hp/trq".  Is that saying that the HP at the crank for the
'99 MZ3 is 250 and the stated number of 240 from BMW is at the rear wheel or
something similar?

Second, the HP stock vs. new is 250 to 264, an increase of 14 HP while the HP
Gains are 34 @ 6000.  What does this mean?  (even if you assume 240 instead of
250, that's only a 24 HP gain)  Similarly for torque, I see the difference as
39, not 40.

Finally, the rev limit on my car (at least where my rev limiter kicks in) is
7000 rpm and that is the "new limit" claimed by this chip.

I have heard many good things about this chip from reading this list, but
these numbers make me worry that there is some degree of "snake oil" here.

What is the net.wisdom?  I would appreciate any information regarding the
above.

Thanks,

/greg

- --