OT:Buying a (Non-BMW) Motorcycle

I have narrowed my choices for my first bike to a Honda Shadow Sabre (1100cc)
Shadow Spirit/ACE 750. This leads me to a few questions that reflect my
inexperience at buying motorcycles.

First, I know that bikes usually go for list price, no breaks. But, other than
manfuactures finace deals, what kind of thgings should I ask for? I mean on a
$6-9K bike should I ask for an accessory credit? If so, how much? Or should I
try to get free servicing for a time?

Second, as far as helmets go, I have a half-shell from work that I am pretty
happy with. Is this a really good style for allseason/highway use, or am I
better off with. My riding for work is all inside of DC so my highway time is
limited.

One thing I did discover, USAA, who gives me a GREAT deal on my M3 and the
wife's Jetta wants as much for six months as Progressive wants for a year.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Any other advice anyone is willing to share, please feel free to do so. I can
use all the help I can get.

Thank you all. And new M3 suspension (TC Kline Streetline) coming soon!!!
R Ehrlich
98 M3, Alpine White