New head bolts & cracked blocks

Gentlemen
   I'm finding many cracked Blocks on BMW motors that have had the
head bolts replaced.  Most of these are because the bolts were
replaced without removal of the cylinder head.
   Many of the headbolt holes within the head are oil filled and
changing the bolts without removal of the head allows oil to get into
the bolt holes of the block.
   I don't know any way to sanitize the bolt holes in the block
without head removal.
   I'll just keep changing blocks as people crack them, but I find it
a terrible waste.

Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY Seattle's exclusive BMW
hobby shop
Providing O.E.M. parts, Independent service & Instruction since 1964
- --
  Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY Seattle's exclusive BMW
hobby shop
Providing O.E.M. parts, Independent service & Instruction since 1964
  12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271
72' tii touring   K1200LT   85' 732i   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/   425-259-3601
MEMBER IBMWSP