Re: Damage to BMWs in Service at Washington, DC Dealerships

Brett:

I have tried the 800 number you listed.  It only gives you a shoulder to cry on!!  NA is not and seemingly cannot force a dealer to treat you better as a customer.  Customer relations seems to be a science that Lexus has discovered the magical approach but BMW just "Doesn't GET IT"!!!

I received another response from another club member who is afraid to answer honestly when these folks call and ask how your service is because he is afraid at further problems down the road with working with that particular dealer for answering honestly.

Maybe if we as customers develop a good rapport with the servicing dealer we would get decent service.  So I have tried a whole new approach with the latest BMW franchise that just openned up in Sterling Virginia, just 10 minutes from my house.  I have already met the owner, his wife, the service manager, and even had them invited to our local club party.  I am now trying to be the "good ol boy" extroverted type and see if I can kill these folks with kindness to get better service.

I will agree you shouldn't have to alter your personality when driving a BMW but if this works, maybe BMW's new slogan can be....."BMW the Ultimate Driving Machine.....come into your local BMW retailer and experience a PERSONALITY altering experience"!!!

Happy rapport building...

Chris Osborne
Ashburn, VA
BMWCCA #92573