Re: E36 Struts & Shocks

Don,
Your shocks OEM is Boge.
The E36 OE Boge shocks are widely regardless as a POS that wear out in
under 50K miles and should not be considered when shopping for a
replacement for that reason alone. Another good reason to look aftermarket
is the price. OEM Boges are hideously expensive. You can get a set of
lifetime warranted and infinitely superior Bilsteins or Konis (rebound
adjustable) for much less than what a dealer will charge for OE Boges.

good luck,
alex f

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Don Cole"      |
|         |           <dcole@domain.elided.|
|         |           com>            |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           owner-bmw@digest|
|         |           .net            |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           02/05/02 12:38  |
|         |           AM              |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      "BMW Digest Submissions" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>                                              |
  |        cc:                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: E36 Struts & Shocks                                                                           |

Can someone provide the specs on the struts and shocks for the Sport
Suspension on my '96 328is coupe?  Are they Boge or Bilstein?  Provide part
numbers if possible.

Don Cole

End of bmw-digest V9 #2048