RE: E36 Struts & Shocks

Stephen,
Thanks for your correction.
I based my statement on the experiences with my '95 M3 (front OE Boges shot
after 45K miles replaced with SA Koni's) and my wife's '98 328i with sports
package (rear OE Boges shot at 40K miles and replaced under warranty).
As you have pointed out there are some E36 cars riding on OEM Sachs shocks
that may very well last longer than Boges.
YMMV,
alex f

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Stephen Andersen|
|         |           <SAndersen@advan|
|         |           -tek.com>       |
|         |                           |
|         |           02/05/02 01:20  |
|         |           PM              |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      Alexander V. Fadeev/EMPL/TX/Verizon@VZNotes, "'bmw-digest@domain.elided'" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>|
  |        cc:                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: RE: E36 Struts & Shocks                                                                       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Interesting that I think my original shocks/struts are on
my 1993 325is with sport suspension at 93k miles.
They say "Sachs" on the side (IIRC), definitely don't
say "Boge"....

The reason I don't think they have been replaced is that the
previous 2 owners were very anal with service records, and I
have no record of them being replaced.

I'm sure they are probably due for replacement, however
there are really no signs of "issues" with them...

Steve