Buying a 750iL

  Hello All:

    Just to into myself, my name is Mike in Eastern PA! :)  Pleased to be
among you guys/gals!! :)

    I'm ready to buy this lovely 1988 BMW 750iL (E32).  I don't know much
about BMWs as I've always have Mercedes vehicles.  I'm a DIY so that's no a
problem, and already found a few online sources for parts.  I also have a
mechanic/friend who treats me very well in terms of repairs and such.  This
750iL has 128,000 miles on it, was cared for the last 1.5 years (I am very
good friends with the current owner) and the car (outside of the trans
rebuild) has been loyal to him.  Any suggestions or warning about this
vehicle?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! :)