e30 intermittent tachometer

Hello all:

After living with my 325ic for few thousand miles it just developed an interesting problem.

The tachometer, gas gauge, temp gauge and heater blower all failed. What makes this problem interesting is that they all work for about 5 seconds when you first start the car, and all fail at the same time and do not come back on. My first guess was fuse, but the intermittent nature of the problem negates that. Any ideas where to start?

Thanks,

Bill

1989 325ic 122,000mi