Re: ASC vs Tire size, was Early vs. Later E36 M3

Dale,

Since all four of your tires are the same size, you won't experience the
problem.

The people who have seen problems are those who put non-standard sized tires
on the car, like 235/45ZR17 in front and 255/40ZR17 in rear.  In some of
these cases, the diameter of the front and rear tires will differ
sufficiently to cause the ASC problem.

I don't have exact numbers, as I have a '95 model with no ASC.  But I read
about it on the E36 M3 Digest.  If I remember correctly, ASC will kick in if
there's a speed differential of about 3% between front and rear tires.

For more reading (from the E36 M3 Digest), check out:

http://www.bmw-m.net/digest/archive%5F2000%5F09%20digest%20484%20584/digest531.htm#6

- -rb