ASC vs Tire size, was Early vs. Later E36 M3

Ron Buchalski's reply to Early vs. Later E36 M3 said

> > ASC+T measures speed variations between wheels, so
> changing tire sizes
> (from
> > standard) can result in ASC+T mistakenly
> activating at high speeds
> (because
> > the speed difference between front and rear wheels
> makes ASC+T think that
> > wheelspin is taking place).  Just something to be
> mindful of.

I modified the setup on my 98 E36 M3 to be that of the
95 M3 - 235/40-17 on 17x8 on all corners. (Helps with
understeer and turnin). I have not noticed any ASC
kickin up to approx 100MPH. I have measured about a 2%
difference in true speed vs indicated now (the speedo
says 61 MPH at a true 60 MPH). Question is: normal
tire diameter differences between manufacturers can
easily produce this variation, it would be BAD for ASC
to kick in at highway speed due to normal tire
variation or slightly modified setup (such as mine).
Do you know what the threshold for detecting wheelspin
with ASC is? Is there a speed on the highway I should
no exceed without ASC off?

Thanks
Dale
98 E36 M3