E24/E28 Electric Seat Mods

Hi -
I am a pretty tall (6'6") guy who just bought an '85 E24 after having driven an '86 325es for several years.  Way bigger car outside, so you'd think it's
bigger inside, too, right?  Well, no; you'd be wrong.  There is significantly less leg/head room (maybe an inch or two less for each?) in front--and the rear
seat is a joke in my newer/older (bigger) car.

I like the car a lot otherwise, and I'm willing to put up with it if it can't be helped, but I wonder if the electric seats are at least partly the culprit with respect
to the front seat problem--and if something can't be done.

Does anyone have any ideas about/experience with how the seats themselves might be modified (by a competent body shop) to allow more space?  I'm
pretty sure that moving the rails won't do it, as the front seat literally hits the rear seat when it's moved all the way back and canted back a little.  Any
ideas/input greatly appreciated.  (And BTW, no, the sunroof isn't positioned right for me to stick my head out while I'm driving, and my arms aren't long
enough to sit in the back seat... :-o)

Thanks!
- - Tom Stork
Currently: